→ Apply until 05/02/2017 23:59 CEST
→ Faculty of Arts and Philosophy
→ Department LW03 - History
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ 1 position(s)
- You conduct scientific research in the field of global or environmental history and publish about it in renowned journals and books. At least 70% of your time is devoted to scientific research.
- You are involved in the research activities of one or several of the department’s research units.
- You supervise BA papers and MA theses.
- You assist with the internal and external services of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a PhD in History by dissertation or a degree considered as equivalent. The degree requirements must be met on the date of appointment.
- You have experience conducting historical research, notably in global or environmental history.
- You are interested in providing guidance and support to undergraduate and graduate students.
- You have published in national and international peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Your research fits into one or several of the History Department’s research units. (cf. http://www.ugent.be/lw/geschiedenis/en)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a three-year appointment, which will not be renewed. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a post-doctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2017 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information is available on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website (in Dutch).
Apply online via this application before last application date (see above). Make sure you upload the following documents:
- application letter
- cv, including an overview of your relevant scientific publications (merged into one file of maximum 5 MB)
- a transcript of the required degree
- for diplomas awarded outside the European Union: certificate of equivalence (NARIC) (if you already have it)
- a detailed research and publication plan (word-limit: 1000)
We do not accept applications that are sent by e-mail or applications that lack (one of) the above-mentioned documents.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Erik Thoen (erik.thoen@UGent.be, +32 09/331.02.01).