To create the Centre of Excellence in Motion Products, you will :
- Develop / Realise a roadmap which combines the technological trends in Motion Products and the needs of the leading companies in Flanders;
- Build up a research portfolio with a good balance in types of research (from strategic basic research and collective industrial research to B2B contracts), a balance in research and infrastructure projects, a balance in Flemish and European projects;
- Realise the roadmap by successful execution of these projects;
- Valorise technology and competences by business development;
- Coach the growth of the research teams in the cluster.
The goal is to drive and accelerate the innovation in the Industry in Flanders, to have impact on Science & Technology, to create leverage and synergy in Flanders Make and beyond.
To be successful you :
- Create a team of R&D managers at the universities and the Flanders Make vzw;
- Have a good connection with the companies of your consortium;
- Cooperate and look for synergies with your 3 colleagues Cluster Managers, under the lead of the COO and in cooperation with the CTO and CVO (Chief Valorization Officer).
- You have insights in the trends and technology of Motion Products and experience in research and innovation management;
- You can create collective ambition in a complex stakeholder landscape. You lead by influencing and you can get things done: from strategy to project execution;
- You build sustainable relationships and are the spokesman for engineering managers at companies;
- You believe in the values of Flanders Make and acts upon them.
Your office will be in Leuven, Lommel or Kortrijk.