→ Apply before 14/02/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels Time)
→ Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
→ Department: DI09 - Kleine Huisdieren
→ Occupancy rate: 50%
→ Number of positions: 1
→ Type of employment: Contract of unlimited duration
→ Term of assignment:
→ Wage scale: WM1 to WM4 (master degree)
→ Required diploma: Master
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With its 11 faculties and more than 80 departments offering state-of-the-art study programs grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its staff and students.
During this 50% position:
- The position mainly involves clinical activities and associated clinical teaching in small animal anaesthesia & analgesia (Bachelor & Master level students).
- participation in the daily anaesthesia & analgesia clinical case load in close communication with specialist colleagues from other disciplines to provide the highest standards of patient care
- participation in the 24-hour emergency service and participation in the on-call anaesthesia rotation of the Small Animal Department
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a Master’s degree in veterinary medicine.
- For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- Interest in; teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences or additional certification in the field of small animal anaesthesia & analgesia is mandatory.
- You should have teaching and communication skills.
- It is mandatory for candidates to master the English language (both spoken and written), it is not essential to be able to communicate in Dutch.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a contract of indefinite duration.
- Your contract will start on 3/01/2022 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale WM1 to WM4 (if you hold a Master’s degree). Click here for more information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, a bicycle allowance and eco vouchers. Click here for a complete overview of all the staff benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not submitted through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘CV’: your CV and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field “other documents”: a reference letter, an overview of your study results, …
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Sylvie Daminet (Department Chair) (Sylvie.Daminet@ugent.be) or prof. Ingeborgh Polis (Head of Anaesthesia) (Ingeborgh.Polis@ugent.be) , +32 (0)9/ 264 77 00). Important: do NOT send your application by email, but apply online.
Do you have a question regarding the online application process? Please read our FAQ.
Last application date Feb 11, 2022 00:00Department WE11 - Department of BiologyContract Limited durationDegree Bachelor's and Master's degreesOccupancy rate 100%Vacancy type Research staffJob descriptionA fully-funded 4-year PhD position over the ...
Last application date Feb 28, 2022 00:00Department TW11 - Department of Materials, Textiles and Chemical EngineeringContract Limited durationOccupancy rate 100%Vacancy type Research staffJob descriptionApplications are invited for a postdoc positi...
Last application date Feb 28, 2022 00:00Department TW11 - Department of Materials, Textiles and Chemical EngineeringContract Limited durationOccupancy rate 100%Vacancy type Research staffJob descriptionApplications are invited for a PhD position i...
→ Solliciteren tot 08-02-2022 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculteit Geneeskunde en Gezondheidswetenschappen → Vakgroep GE39 - Vakgroep Volksgezondheid en Eerstelijnszorg → AAP tijdelijke aanstelling - 50% → Aantal posities:...
→ Solliciteren tot 15-02-2022 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfskunde → Vakgroep EB21 - Vakgroep Economie → AAP tijdelijke aanstelling - 100% → Aantal posities: 1 → Referentienummer: 202201/EB21...
Ghent University is one of the top 100 universities in the Dutch language area, with more than 44,000 students and 15,000 staff members.De pagina van de werkgever bekijken