Last modification : Thursday, September 16, 2021
There is a vacancy for a full-time academic position in the Civil Engineering Department of the KU Leuven in the field of “re-use in construction”. The vacancy is targeted for circular economy in the construction sector, taking into account the evolution of the society from linear economy to circular economy. The vacant position is located at Bruges Campus, part of the Faculty of Engineering Technology of the Science, Engineering and Technology Group KU Leuven. We are looking for internationally oriented candidates with an excellent research record and with proven educational competence within the field of sustainable building - re-use of structural components and structures in construction. The research activities in RecyCon (www.kuleuven.be/recycon/english) focus on sustainable materials management in the construction sector, including relevant building techniques. The current main research lines are: new technologies in recycling of construction and demolition waste (C&DW), use of recycled materials (including processed C&DW as well as industry by-products) in high-end applications, development of alternative construction materials, selective demolition, reuse of excavated and stabilized soils as well as grout residues, and urban mining. The research group RecyCon has a solid reputation and an extended network both in Flanders and internationally. The research group links up with research in the Department of Civil Engineering, Building Materials and Building Technology Section (https://bwk.kuleuven.be/mat/index_html), which has an extended international and regional network, strong connections with industry and non-profit organizations and stable recruitment of talented PhD students in a supportive working environment. The Building Materials and Building Technology Section has very good experimental infrastructure.
We are offering full-time employment in an intellectually challenging environment. KU Leuven is a research-intensive, internationally oriented university that performs fundamental and applied scientific research. It is highly inter- and multi-disciplinarily focused and strives for international excellence. In this regard, it actively cooperates with research partners in Belgium and abroad. It provides its students with an academic education that is based on high-quality scientific research.
You will work at the KU Leuven Bruges Campus, in a historic city with a seaport and modern industrial activities. Bruges has a 70 minute railway connection to Brussels, capital of the European Union, and about three hours to Paris, London and Amsterdam.
Depending on your record and qualifications, you will be appointed to or tenured in one of the grades of the senior academic staff: assistant professor, associate professor, professor or full professor. In principle, junior researchers are appointed as assistant professor on the tenure track for a period of 5 years; after this period and a positive evaluation, they are permanently appointed (or tenured) as an associate professor.
KU Leuven is well set to welcome foreign professors and their family and provides practical support with regard to immigration & administration, housing, childcare, learning Dutch, partner career coaching, …
To facilitate scientific onboarding and accelerate research in the first phase a starting grant of 100.000 euro is offered to new professors without substantial other funding, appointed for at least 50%.
For more information on the contents of the job, please contact:
* Prof. Dr. Jaak Monbaliu, chair of the Civil Engineering Department (email: Jaak.Monbaliu@kuleuven.be, tel.: +32 16 32 16 61) or
* Prof. Dr. Pieter Rauwoens, campus chair of KU Leuven Bruges Campus (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +32 50 66 48 33)
Add to your application following documents in English (more information is available on the KU Leuven job site):
- Your biosketch in which you indicate your added value as an academic for research, education and service to society of your past career and of your future activities (maximum 2 pages);
- A file on your five most important publications or realizations;
- An extensive cv including a full publication list and if applicable a portfolio of your civil engineering projects;
- Your research plan with focus on the development of your research line and research team in relation with the colleague-researchers of the entity of employment (maximum 4 pages);
- Your vision on academic education and its organization (maximum 2 pages);
- Your contribution to society by outreach and public communication on science and technology, internal representation in boards and councils and service activities directly in relation to your developed expertise (maximum 1 page);
- Your vision on leadership (maximum 1 page).
KU Leuven places great importance on research integrity and ethical conduct and will therefore ask you to sign an integrity statement upon appointment.
You can apply for this job no later than January 25, 2022 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.Meer informatie
|Titel||PROFESSOR IN CIVIL ENGINEERING - RE-USE IN CONSTRUCTION|
|Job location||Oude Markt 13, 3000 Leuven|
|Gepubliceerd||september 16, 2021|
|Sluitingsdatum||januari 25, 2022|
|Vakgebieden||Architectuur,   Civiele techniek (Civil engineering)  |