OsloMet is developing the initiative «intelligent health» to deliver tomorrows state of the art services in the health sector. Technology enabled research and innovation is part of this initiative. We seek to recruit talented, ambitious faculty that will take part in this journey, both through driving leading research activities in their respective field, as well as through producing synergies in a creative network of researchers and innovators at OsloMet. This call is part of the larger initiative.
The Faculty of Health Sciences has a vacancy for a professor in the broader field of Assistive technology in health research. The position is part of OsloMets focus area “Intelligent Health” and will be located at the Department of Occupational Therapy and Prosthetics and Orthotics.
We are searching for a colleague that will strengthen our research and development in the field of Assistive technology. An innovator in the development and implementation of technological- simulation and solutions in the patient treatment and rehabilitation process.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Build a strong research environment within the field of Assistive technology
- Be a driving force in research based on externally-funded research
- Facilitate interprofessional research in close cooperation with the field of practice
- Develop productive collaboration with national- and international partners both in education and research
- Contribute to existing programs and develop new programs within assistive technologies
- Teaching and supervision at Bachelor's, Master’s and PhD level where assistive technologies are part of the curriculum
- qualifications as full professor in the broader field of assistive technologies (e.g simulation, sensor technology, game technology/VR used in rehabilitation, and smart home technology)
- education and/or experience in both health and technology
- experience from productive research environments, networks, and project management involving external funding
- experience with academic management
- fundamental competency in teaching and supervision at the university and college level, as well as documented:
- quality development in own teaching and supervision over time
- extensive experience with supervision, preferably at the master / PhD Level
- participation in the development of educational quality in professional communities
- The applicant must document experience with relevant educational theory and practice for higher education. Applicants who are unable to document basic teaching qualifications on appointment, must acquire these qualifications within two years. OsloMet offers a course on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (UHPED), in English together with the University of Oslo, that meets this requirement.
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required. Applicants who do not have adequate proficiency in a Scandinavian language, must acquire Norwegian skills corresponding to at least level B2 within three years of commencement.
General criteria for appointments to academic positions are covered by the Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
The following will be an advantage:
- Experience with digital learning methods
- Knowledge from interprofessional learning and collaboration
- Knowledge of understanding interactions between people and the technology
Emphasis will be placed on:
- Scientific production from the last 6 years. Statutory leave not included.
- Experience with acquiring and managing research networks and externally funded projects
- Potential for project acquisition
- Digital proficiency
- Capability in communicating and cooperating with students and colleagues
- Personal qualities that contribute positively to the working environment
Personal qualities necessary for the position:
- ability to facilitate interdisiplinary research and user involvement
- have the ability to cooperate and build relations, both internally, nationally and internationally
- are resourceful and flexible
- are committed to the discipline and have the ability to motivate and inspire students and colleagues
- have the ability to work independently
OsloMet evaluates teaching qualifications in conjunction with interviews.
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. If there are periods where you have not been in work, under education or in training, you are also welcome to apply.
Applicants will be assessed by an expert committee. By the application deadline, please upload the following documents together with your application:
- CV, references and all pages of your certificates/diplomas
- A list of scientific publications
- Up to 10 scientific publications, including your PhD thesis
- A description of the current/recent research portefolio
You must upload all the documents in order for your application to be processed. The documents must be in either English or a Scandinavian language. Translations must be authorised. Originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet checks documents in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition. If you have documents that cannot be uploaded electronically, please contact email@example.com.
If there are no qualified applicants, we may consider an appointment to a temporary position as an professor, on the condition that the appointee qualifies for a permanent position as a full professor within three years.
- An exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest and most urban university
- Participation in a dynamic professional environment and unique academic community
- Opportunities for academic development
- Interaction with a diverse student group
- Loan and pension arrangements through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Beneficial welfare schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offers
- Free Norwegian language classes to employees and their partners
- Relocation support, cultural courses and on-boarding services
- Working location in downtown Oslo with multiple cultural offers
Practical information about relocation to Oslo and living in Norway.
The position is remunerated in accordance with the Norwegian State salary scale 1013 Professor. The salary is NOK 704 900 – 906 000, pay grade 75-84 per year. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well qualified applicants.
For more information about the position, feel free to contact:
- Head of Department Mona Dahl , +47 47287141, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply for the position, please do so via our application portal.
Deadline for applications: 05.01.2020