Vacancy Reference: 23782 / FSM 014 / 2020 (to be quoted in any correspondence)
UCLouvain invites applications for a tenure track or tenured full time position in Sciences in physical education, sports and related health enhancing activities
UCLouvain is a comprehensive university offering, in the context of the present position, the opportunity of cross-disciplinary research and teaching collaborations. The position is attached to the Faculty of Motor Sciences and a research Institute of UCLouvain that offer opportunities for diverse and stimulating teaching as well as an environment to carry out ambitious research. The Louvain-la-Neuve site offers a unique living environment inside a naturally preserved neighbourhood, conveniently located to the heart of Europe.
Description of the mission
The successful candidate will have teaching assignments in the field of general and specific didactical processes related to physical education. Later on, the candidate will be responsible for the initial education of teachers (Formation Initiale des Enseignant·es) and agregation in physical education for the second and third degrees of the secondary schools in the Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles (Agrégation de l'Enseignement Secondaire Supérieur en éducation physique - AESS). In this framework, he or she will develop a network of agreed field experts and supervisors. The candidate will take part in lifelong education of physical education teachers in the secondary schools. Competencies in psycho-social approach of health enhancing sport and physical activities are a plus point for the didactical approach of physical education.
The successul candidate will progressively take responsabilities in the structures of the Faculty.
The successful candidate will develop and drive a research program in the field of teaching sciences in physical education, sports and related health enhancing activities.
He or she will have to interact with international research groups connected to these matters. She or he will be involved in the broadening of the international research network in the field of teaching sciences in physical education, sports and related health enhancing activities.
In addition to specific skills linked to physical education, sports and related health enhancing activities, the candidate should be able to teach, to perform research and develop services in the initial and lifelong education of teachers. This requires:
- A good knowledge of the context of education in the French speaking part of Belgium (Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles).
- A good knowledge of the fundamental paradigms of didactical and pedagogical intervention.
- Competences to carry on research in didactics of physical education, sports and related health enhancing activities, in the framework of initial and lifelong education of teachers.
- To produce evidence of experience in teaching in the initial and lifelong education of teachers.
Application deadline: 15th November 2019
Starting date: 1st September, 2020
Prof. Catherine Behets Wydemans, Dean FSM – firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Matthieu de Nanteuil, President IACS – email@example.com
Localization: Medical Sector
Faculty of Motor Sciences (FSM) (https://uclouvain.be/en/faculties/FSM)
Institute for the Analysis of Change in Contemporary and Historical Societies (IACS) (https://uclouvain.be/en/directories/entities/iacs)
Tasks: the applicant will
- Be responsible for teaching courses at all study levels (i.e. undergraduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
- Supervise the final diploma research (i.e. theses) of undergraduate and graduate students, as well as PhD theses;
- Be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
- Contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence;
- Be available to carry out, in the long term, different service activities and responsibilities within the University and its entities;
- Contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
Qualifications: the applicant must have
- A PhD degree in motricity sciences or any discipline related to teaching sciences in physical education or any comparable discipline;
- A significant scientific record with international publications;
- Either studied abroad for an extensive period or have had substantial experience outside his or her university of origin;
- Experience in and the aptitude for teaching at university level, demonstrated if possible by formal assessments;
- The capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings into teaching;
- Creativity and must be open to teaching innovation and interdisciplinarity;
- The capacities required to undertake high-level academic research: capacity to raise research funds, to supervise projects, to animate and lead a research team;
- Team management and communication skills, including if possible fluency in French and English, spoken and written. Otherwise, you will be asked to acquire them within two years after taking office, in order to be able to communicate and teach in these languages. Knowledge of other languages is an additional asset.
The level of recruitment (appointment to the rank of lecturer or professor) will be discussed if a proposal is made to you, in connection with your previous academic experience. For more information, see: jobs.uclouvain.be.
Our HR policy supports equal opportunities and diversity including in the academic career. Attention is also paid to reconciliation of private life and professional life.Meer informatie
|Titel||An academic position in Teaching sc. phys. educ, sport & related health enhancing activities (1 EFT)|
|Employer||Université catholique de Louvain|
|Job location||Place de l'Université 1, 1348 Louvain-La-Neuve|
|Gepubliceerd||oktober 8, 2019|
|Sluitingsdatum||november 15, 2019|
|Functietypes||Hoogleraar,   Universitair (hoofd)docent,   Tenure Track  |
|Vakgebieden||Didactiek,   Sportgeneeskunde en inspanningsfysiologie,   Sportwetenschappen,   Sportpsychologie,   Voortgezet onderwijs,   Gezondheidswetenschappen (Health Science),   Onderwijs in Sociale Wetenschappen  |