Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Industrial Vision Lab (InViLab) research group in the Faculty of Applied Engineering and the Vision Lab research group in the Faculty of Science are looking for a full-time (100%) postdoctoral researcher in the field of “Machine learning for computer vision, image and signal processing”
- You will assist in ongoing research projects on machine learning (more in particular to detect oil spills from images recorded with a drone).
- You will help coordinate project proposals in the field of industrial computer vision and contribute to attracting external funding.
- You will assist in the supervision of PhD students and other team members.
- You will fulfil a limited number of teaching activities (e.g. guidance of Master’s projects).
- You will represent the research group both internally and externally, to industry and academia.
- You hold a PhD in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or other relevant scientific domains (or you will have obtained it by the time you start working). Your previous research contains scientific contributions in the field of image processing and/or machine learning.
- Experience in performing experiments with camera’s (and in particular hyperspectral and/or thermal camera’s) is valued.
- You are skilled in programming in Matlab, Pyton and/or C++ and preferably have experience with open source image processing and machine learning libraries.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You can speak and write fluently in English. The knowledge of Dutch is not necessary.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
What we offer
- We offer a full-time contract as a postdoctoral researcher for a period of 1-1-2022 to 31-12-2023.
- Your gross monthly salary is calculated according to the pay scale for a principal research fellow (doctoral assistant) in the Contract Research Staff category (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- The planned start date is 1st January 2022 or as soon as possible after that date.
- You will do most of your work at Groenenborger Campus in Antwerp in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here, and the InViLab research group here.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 15th November 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on 'apply', complete the online application form and don’t forget to include the following document(s): (1) a motivation letter, (2) your academic CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact prof. Steve Vanlanduit by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.