The University of Luxembourg is looking for a
Postdoctoral researcher in Natural Language Understanding/Speech Technology (m/f)
- Reference: F1-11004
- Fixed-Term Contract, 30 months, full-time, 40hrs/wee
- Number of Positions: 1
- Employee Status
Description of the environment
The University is seeking to hire a highly motivated and excellent researcher in the field of Natural Language Understanding with a special focus Speech technology. The selected candidate contributes to the ACC Lab, which is led by Dr. Sviatlana Höhn and Prof. Christoph Schommer, and will be assigned to Prof. Schommer’s research group MINE within the ILIAS Lab of the Department of Computer Science and Communication. The ACC lab is a community of researchers, students, and professionals working in the field of Artificial Chatbots and Companions, Conversational Systems, and Artificial Intelligence with the focus on a natural language-based human-machine interaction. The ACC Lab supports a technology transfer to the society and an interdisciplinary research with colleagues from other departments and institutes.
The selected candidate is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Expand the ACC lab’s structure by creating an own research path in Natural Language Understanding with a strong focus on dialogue-based applications.
- Be responsible for the development and employment of algorithms and software.
- Disseminate research results through scientific publications and conferences as well as other outreach activities.
- Provide assistance and supervise students on all levels.
- Support our graduate and undergraduate teaching activities, in particular the Academic Bachelor (BICS) and the Interdisciplinary Master in Space Technology.
- Prepare research proposals to attract national and/or international projects.
For further information about the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Christoph Schommer (Email: email@example.com).
- A PhD degree in Computer Science or in an equivalent discipline.
- Strong programming skills and strong publication record.
- Strong expertise in the aforementioned fields as well as skills in newest trends in Machine Learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. It is possible to obtain proficiency in a second language (French or German) after being hired as the University provides access to language classes.
Please submit your application, written in English and including the documents below, online via recruitment.uni.lu:
- Curriculum Vitae, including your contact address, work experiences, publications.
- One research paper of your choice (where you are the first author).
- An executive summary of your submitted PhD thesis.
- Cover letter that motivates your research interest as well as your research statement (max. 2 pages). Please indicate a possible start date.
- 2 independent reference letters or contact information of 2 independent referees.
The application deadline is Thursday, 28 March 2019.
The University is a multilingual, international university. The University offers a highly competitive salary and is an equal opportunity employer.