The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg invites applications for a:
Doctoral researcher (PhD student) in Financial Accounting / Financial Reporting
- Fixed-term 36 months, extendable to 48 month if required
- Full-time position, 40 h/week
- Foreseen starting date: 15th September 2020
- Employee and student status
- Reference: F2-50012608 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
- The doctoral researcher will be working within the Department of Economics and Management in close collaboration with researchers in the Department of Finance on an externally funded research project in the area of sustainable finance / environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) disclosure.
- The main task is to make an original and significant contribution to knowledge in the field of Accounting at the intersection of Sustainable Finance under the tutelage of high profile academics. The thesis work will be undertaken at the University of Luxembourg but can also be part of a jointly-supervised thesis with another university.
- Rigorous studies within the Doctoral School of Economics, Finance and Management will be undertaken.
- It is expected to contribute to the teaching of classes ranging from one to three hours per week, of small group teachings and tutorials.
- We encourage candidates to apply whose interest is either in empirical qualitative research or in empirical quantitative research.
- Candidates who focus on qualitative research shall have a Master’s degree in Political Sciences or Other Social Sciences with a strong theoretical background (institutional theory, field theory, regulatory theory) and willingness to study at the intersection of Sustainable Finance/Accounting.
- Candidates who focus on quantitative research shall have a Master’s degree in Economics, Finance/Accounting, Business Education or related fields (e.g., Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, and Engineering).
- Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in English is required, fluency in French or German will be considered an advantage.
- Curiosity and team-oriented work attitude.
- Fully-funded position with a competitive salary.
- Regular personal exchanges with the supervisor and the members of the thesis committee, and a high quality research environment provided by the Doctoral School of Economics, Finance and Management.
- An exciting international and multilingual research environment.
- Personal work space at the University.
- Gender-friendly workplace.
Applications should be submitted online, before 15th August 2020. The application must include the following:
- A motivation letter including a statement about the type of research interest (qualitative vs quantitative).
- A detailed curriculum vitae.
- A transcript of concluded university studies.
- The name, current position and relationship to the applicant, of one referee.
For more information concerning this position, please contact Professor Anke Müßig (firstname.lastname@example.org). Due to the current situation possible interviews after pre-selection will be held via videoconference.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.