The University of Vienna (19 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.600 members of staff, about 92.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.10.2018 of a
Reference number: 8645
With 27 subjects, one specialization and over 12,000 students enrolled in teacher education programmes the University of Vienna is the biggest teacher education institution in Austria. The Centre for Teacher Education is the organizational focal point for all questions regarding the teacher education programme at the University of Vienna. In cooperation with the other faculties and centres as well as the partner organizations of the 'Verbund Nord-Ost'; it aims to strengthen and further develop the quality of research and teaching in the field of teacher education.
We're searching for a committed university assistant (prae doc) for the section Education at the Department for Teacher Education.
Duration of employment: 3 year/s
Extent of Employment: 30.0 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
The advertised position is located in the field of School Pedagogy with Particular Emphasis on Social, Cultural and Linguistic Diversity. The successful candidate ist expected to participate in research, teaching and administration:
- Participation in research projects / research studies
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Master degree in Teacher Education, Education, Psychology or comparable qualification
- excellent knowledge of research methods and statistics and/or the willingness to familiarise oneself with these areas
- Strong interest in empirical research
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken German and English
- IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
Desirable qualifications are
- Teaching experience / experience of working with e-learning
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad
- Basic experience in research methods and academic writing
- Letter of Motivation including ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificatess
Main research field
|Special research fields||Importance|
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna ( http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 02.07.2018, mentioning reference number 8645.
For further information please contact Edlinger, Harald +43-1-4277-60201.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity ( http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna
Reference number: 8645