→ Apply before 03/04/2023 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels Time)
→ Department: WE11 - Biologie
→ Occupancy rate: 100%
→ Number of positions: 1
→ Type of employment: Contract of unlimited duration with clause
→ Term of assignment: 2 jaar
→ Wage scale: PD1 to PD4 (doctoral degree)
→ Required diploma: PhD
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With its 11 faculties and more than 80 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its staff and students.
- 100% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in the domain of entomology, reproductive symbiosis, and evolutionary genetics/genomics
- You will counsel Master’s students in their Master’s dissertation within the above research fields
- You will counsel doctoral students within the HYBRIPEST ERC project focusing on the molecular-genetic mechanisms of Wolbachia-mediated cytoplasmic incompatibility and other hybrid defects
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a doctoral degree (Doctor of Science: Biology, or Doctor of Science: Biochemistry and Biotechnology) or a subject considered relevant by the selection committee (obtained max. 6 years ago. This term of 6 years is determined by the date written on the above-mentioned required diploma).
- You have already conducted high-quality research within the field of reproductive symbiosis, evolutionary genetics/genomics and evolutionary biology using an arthropod model system.
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher during your doctorate.
- You can present relevant scientific publications in (inter)national peer-reviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a contract of indefinite duration with a maximum term of 2 years.
- Your contract will start on 1/08/2023 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale PD1. Click here for more information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, a bicycle allowance and eco vouchers.. Click here for a complete overview of all the staffbenefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not submitted through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘CV’: your CV in pdf format
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter including details of three referees in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Nicky Wybouw (nicky.wybouw@UGent.be) or visit http://www.nickywybouw.org/. Important: do NOT send your application by email, but apply online.
Do you have a question regarding the online application process? Please read our FAQ or contact helpdesk (email@example.com - tel. 09/264 98 98)
Last application date May 01, 2023 00:00Department TW05 - Department of Information TechnologyContract Limited durationDegree Master in Engineering, Physics, Data Science or Computer Science.Occupancy rate 100%Vacancy type Research staffJob descri...
→ Apply until 02/05/2023 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculty of Bioscience Engineering → Department BW24 - Green Chemistry and Technology → AAP temporary appointment - 100% → Number of openings: 1 → Referenc...
→ Solliciteren tot 31-03-2023 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculteit Politieke en Sociale Wetenschappen → Vakgroep: PS58 - Facultaire dienst Onderwijsondersteuning Politieke en Sociale wetenschappen → Tewerkstellingspercentage: ...
→ Apply before 31/03/2023 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels Time) → Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences → Department: GE34 - Hoofd en Huid → Occupancy rate: 100% → Number of positions: 1 → Type of employment: Contract of li...
Last application date Apr 21, 2023 00:00Department LA20 - Department of EnvironmentContract Limited durationDegree A PhD degree in a relevant field (Bio-Engineering, Forestry, Remote Sensing, Surveying, Physics, Geosciences, Environmental sciences...
→ Apply before 30/03/2023 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels Time) → Faculty of Engineering and Architecture → Department: EA15 - Civiele Techniek → Occupancy rate: 100% → Number of positions: 1 → Type of employment: Contract of...
Ghent University is one of the top 100 universities in the Dutch language area, with more than 44,000 students and 15,000 staff members.De pagina van de werkgever bekijken