This call for proposals aims to promote the mobility of researchers (a) who are highly qualified towards companies (b) and approved research centres, universities or research centres backed by colleges in Wallonia/Wallonia-Brussels Federation (c).
In fact, the proposal must be structured around the trio (a) + (b) + (c).
The stay of these researchers must lead to an increase in scientific and technological potential in Wallonia through, such as:
The researcher's stay in Wallonia will be balanced between supervisors (b) and (c). This stay must last at least 18 months and no longer than three years. It can only be interrupted by a stay of maximum two weeks a year (can be combined) outside Wallonia, to be agreed between the parties.
The researcher (a) must be identified when the proposal is submitted.
He must hold a doctorate or demonstrate equivalent research experience (with a minimum of four years). On the closing date for the call for proposals, the researcher must be in a situation of transnational mobility, i.e. have spent less than 12 months in Belgium over the last 36 months on a professional basis and with an employment contract.
The submissions will only be assessed based on the documents submitted by the call closure date and in accordance with the following criteria:
- professional merits of the researcher (including academic and industrial achievements, sense of innovation, publications, etc.)
- ability to achieve a leadership position
- synergy of the researcher's expertise with the research project
- innovative nature of the research (originality and relevance of the research objectives)
- quality, feasibility and relevance of the research (appropriateness of the approach and methodology, soundness of the work plan within the given time frame (respect of timing) ...)
- scientific excellence of the partner (c)
- clarity of the respective roles of the two partners (b) and (c)
- suitability of partners with the expertise required by the research project
- setting up the conditions for carrying out the research project
- quality of mentoring and supervision of the candidate
- technical assistance and training provided by both partners (b) and (c)
- valorisation of innovation
- researcher’s career, including international networking, and the candidate's career perspectives after the BEWARE fellowship
- quality of the knowledge transfer plan (between the three partners, (a), (b) and (c))
- potential impact of the research project (scientific, economic and social) and valorisation of innovation
- for both co-sponsors
- at EU level
- suggested dissemination activities (presentations in Belgium and internationally) and communication (plan for the exploitation and dissemination of results, data management plan)
- sustainable development
The final score (/100) is the arithmetic mean of the scores given by the SPW research evaluator and the two international experts. It is validated by the three evaluators. In the case of a difference of opinion, a consensus is established under the authority of the SPW research.
Cet appel à propositions vise à favoriser la mobilité de chercheurs (a) hautement qualifiés vers les entreprises (b) et les centres de recherche agréés ou universités ou centres de recherche adossés aux hautes écoles en Wallonie / Fédération Wallo...