The National Institute of Education (NIE) is among the world’s top education institutes, recognised for its excellence in teacher education and educational research. NIE has played a key and pivotal role in shaping and developing Singapore’s teaching profession and landscape through evidence-informed, practice-focused and values-based programmes and initiatives.
An autonomous institute situated within the research-intensive Nanyang Technological University, NIE is consistently ranked within the top 15 in the world for research impact in the field of Education.
The Psychology and Child & Human Development (PCHD) Academic Group at the NIE is a department comprising a team of educators and psychologists passionate about the application of psychology to general education, as well as the specialized domains of early childhood and special needs education. We have a strong focus on teaching and innovative pedagogy, and a research culture that views psychology as an integrative discipline to help us advance our understanding of human thought and behavior to help individuals adapt and learn at their best.
We invite suitably qualified applicants for positions at the Assistant Professor level in Clinical or Counselling Psychology. The position may be in the relevant areas of counselling and psychology such as clinical psychology and counselling psychology.
Successful candidates must have:
Successful candidates will be expected to :
· Teach existing and new courses at the undergraduate, pre-service, in-service and graduate levels, more specifically related to clinical and counselling psychology courses (e.g., Psychological Testing, Psychopathology, Advanced Counselling Skills etc.).
· Supervise graduate students in their dissertations/theses as well as student practicum and/or fieldwork in multi-cultural settings.
· Develop a research agenda and program, and to publish in reputable journals as is customary in his/her field
· Establish professional connections with local and international researchers and practitioners involved in the specific expertise area
· Share expertise with NIE colleagues through various platforms
· Undertake administrative and/or leadership roles and to contribute to other service related activities at the department and Institute levels
· Engage in program leadership and curriculum design and development
Please submit your application together with the following documents to us through : https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/NTU-Main-Campus-Singapore/Assistant-Professor-in-Clinical-Counselling-Psychology--PCHD---NIE-_R00004286
This position will remain open until filled.
More information on PCHD can be found at https://www.nie.edu.sg/our-people/academic-groups/psychology-and-child-human-development.
For enquiries, interested applicants may write to Ms Joey Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to applicants
We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).Meer informatie
|Titel||Assistant Professor in Clinical Psychology/Counselling Psychology/Counselling (Psychology and Child & Human Development Academic Group)|
|Employer||National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore|
|Job location||1 Nanyang Walk, 637616 Singapore|
|Gepubliceerd||februari 17, 2021|
|Functietypes||Universitair (hoofd)docent  |
|Vakgebieden||Speciaal onderwijs,   Gedragswetenschappen,   Ontwikkelingspsychologie,   Onderwijspsychologie,   Psychoanalyse,   Sociale psychologie,   Kind- en jeugdwetenschappen,   Voor- en Vroegschoolse Educatie  |