Department : Immunology and Allergology
Regime : Full-time
The Department of Immunology and Allergology in the Faculty of Medicine is looking for a full-time
Doctoral scholarship holder in the field of Medicine
- You work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis in the field of drug hypersensitivity. Increasing lines of evidence indicate that mast cells (MC) degranulation from off-target occupation of the Mas- related G protein coupled receptor X2 (MRGPRX2) constitutes a novel endotype of IgE/Fc?RI (high affinity receptor for IgE) -independent drug anaphylaxis. However, most of the data have been gathered in mice or in malignant mast cell lines. In contrast to MC, MRPGPRX2 is barely expressed on basophils membrane but quickly upregulated after conditioning. Here we propose exploration of a mixed model based upon cultured human mast cells and human basophils aiming at deciphering MRGRPX2 agonism and antagonims in drug anaphylaxis
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for Immunology and Allergology.
- You hold a Master degree in Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed once for another two-year period.
- The planned start date is 1/10/2020 or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at Campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform until 26/08/2020. Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter and your academic CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Interview is foreseen on 1/09/2020.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Professor Vito Sabato (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth wherever possible. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability. We encourage everyone to apply, especially members of under-represented groups.